Transloading in Imperial Valley, CA
Our Imperial Valley Facility is centrally located between Yuma, Blythe and Mexicali.
With over 2 miles of rail, we are capable of shipping full unit trains (200-240 containers) directly to the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach for export, savings thousands of dollars in trucking costs, as well as mitigating any logistical challenge. We can handle 20 ft and 40 ft shipping containers, manifest rail cars (e.g., hoppers, box cars, flats and gondolas) for loading or unloading at our site. With our large trucking fleet and our extensive knowledge in loading/unloading rail cars we can satisfy all your needs.
6330 East Highway 78, Brawley, CA 92227
Our intermodal facility is located along State Route 78 (SR 78) in Imperial County, approximately 5 miles northeast of Glamis, CA.
- 32 miles from Brawley, CA via SR 78
- 45 miles from Yuma, AZ via Interstate 8, Ogilby Road, and SR 78
- 55 miles from Blythe, CA via SR 78
- 47 miles from US Port of Entry – Calexico East (commercial truck gate), via SR 7, Interstate 8, SR 115, and SR 78
- 220 miles to Port of Los Angeles/Long Beach
- 1,250 miles to Port of Houston
A private, 4.5 mile rail spur from UPRR’s Sunset Line to the Intermodal Facility. The rail spur is located on a 200-foot wide Right-of-Way granted by the Bureau of Land Management. One mile-long siding at property boundary to allow for staging of trains
- Two separate, one mile-long strip tracks for loading and unloading
- One run around track
- Yard lighting for nighttime operations
- Electricity and water available; Fire suppression system for rail yard
- Approximately 30-acre area surrounding the tracks for use as a lay down yard
- Acreage available for warehousing, container storage and minor onsite processing activities
Contact this Division Manager
No other company can provide a lower out of port transportation cost than Ecology’s Intermodal division.